2017 Great Lakes Beach Glass & Coastal Arts Festival Best Beach Find Contest
- One FREE entry per paid admission *SHARDS ACCEPTED SUNDAY ONLY
- Each additional entry card (3 entries) $5
- Shards should be unusual, beautiful, and should show some conditioning by nature.
Criteria to consider when entering a shard:
- Color rarity, roundness and frosted surface
- Bubbles, text or patterns
- Any other identifiable age or pontil scars
Categories & Prizes
- Best of Show: $250.00
- Runner up to 1st place: $100.00
- Toys: $50
- Sea Glass Bottles: $50
- Bottle Stoppers: $50
- Marbles: $50
- Figural: $50
- Most Historical: $50
- Most Unusual: $50
- Entries accepted Sunday only from 10:00 am to 3:00 pm at the "Best Beach Find" area.
- Entry forms are filled out by contestants and given to an attendant who will place them on a table that corresponds to contestant’s last name.
- The shards will be attached to entry form using glue dots. Contestants must enter their shard in person and are responsible for picking up their entries after the contest.
- The judging will be determined by industry experts and professionals.
- Judging begins at 3:00 pm on Sunday with awards beginning between 3:45 and 4:00 pm
- Contestants should not speak to judges during the judging process.
We will do everything to expedite the return process. Please help us by remaining calm and patient during this time. To ensure that everyone receives their own shard, proper I.D. will be required. Prize checks will be awarded at the event and winners are asked to remain for photos.
Please Note:Vendors and their relatives or anyone associated with helping at their booth will not be eligible to enter. Shard table volunteers also NOT eligible to submit entries. Previous year’s winning pieces (all categories) will not be eligible for future re-entries.
It is in your best interest NOT to have your shards identified by any vendor or staff. This will compromise your chance of winning.